We love working in the Green Industry and we want to work with others who share that same passion! We are currently interviewing for positions in our tree division and landscape division. Please click the different divisions below for more details. You can submit an application online, email us directly at email@example.com for a paper copy, or even feel free to swing by our main office located at 742 Nathan Ellis Highway in East Falmouth. We’d love to meet you and introduce you to our family business of 44 years.
What Makes Us Different From The Rest?
There are countless tree and landscape companies to work for on the Cape and countless ways to be successful in this industry. We wouldn’t be in business if our goal wasn’t to turn a profit; however, at the end of the day, we recognize the importance of family and a balanced lifestyle. Here at Hamilton Tree and Landscape, we work to live. We don’t live to work. You don’t always experience that in this industry. Many companies have employees working 6, sometimes 7 days a week. Not us. We can always provide plenty of overtime opportunities, but unless we have a poor weather day during the week that shuts us down, we do not force employees to work on the weekends. We never have and we never will. Everyone needs a mental break and in this industry, everyone needs a physical break too! That’s the biggest difference here at Hamilton Tree and Landscape.
General Skills/Expectations For All Of Our Employees:
- A love of the outdoors/a general interest in the industry. Prior experience is always a plus but we’ll train the right individuals.
- Enjoys helping and working with others/positive attitude
- Honesty and integrity
- Valid MA Driver’s License
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Attention to detail (customer requests, work orders, safety guidelines, the product you put out)
- Conscientious – we’re looking for someone who takes pride in their work
- $1000 signing bonus after 90 days of employment
- Competitive pay within the industry
- Monday-Friday Work (Little to no weekend work) but plenty of opportunities for overtime if requested
- Health Insurance (The company covers 60% of the plan for individuals and 50% of the plan for families). That’s rare!
- 401k matching
- Christmas bonus
- Paid holidays
- Professional development assistance i.e. Green School, pesticide license, CDL, arborist exam (all expenses paid by the company)
- Ongoing training
- 401k matching
- Employee referral bonuses
Experienced Treecare Foreman and Ground Hand:
The following experience/skills are mandatory for this position:
– Tree climbing (this would not be necessary for the ground hand position)
– Bucket work (this would not be necessary for the ground hand position)
– Chainsaw experience
– Chipper experience
– Understanding/interest in the tree industry
– Valid driver’s license is mandatory (CDL is preferred)
– Valid DOT card is preferred but not necessary
– Position is full-time year round with great benefits and very competitive pay
– Hamilton Tree and Landscape is a Drug Free Workplace
Mow Crew Assistant
This position is for a general landscape laborer with an emphasis in mowing/weed whacking. We’re looking for someone with experience who can follow instructions well, pay attention to details, is conscientious about their work, enjoys working with a small team, and enjoys fresh baked cookies made by the owner’s wife. Other tasks could include weeding, edging, mulching, and general lawn clean-ups, but the primary role will be mowing. Training for this position is performed by either the manager or foreman if necessary.
Landscape Crew Foreman
This position is for someone with experience who is well-rounded within the industry so that one day this person could be mowing and weed whacking and the next day they can be pruning or planting. This person must have the leadership skills to direct a small crew so that each detail on the work order is executed as planned. Ability to drive a truck and a trailer is a must. Other tasks could include weeding, edging, mulching, raking, fertilizing, and general lawn clean-ups. Training for this position is performed by either the manager or another foreman.
Landscape Crew Assistant
This position is for someone who may be new to the green industry but has a general interest in landscaping and enjoys working outdoors. We can train the right person. You’ll learn from the best! You’ll be doing yard clean-ups, edging, weeding, mulching, planting, pruning, watering, etc. Every day will be different.
This position requires someone to perform a lot of similar tasks to the above position but for about 4 months, this position requires a finer eye. It requires one to pay close attention to detail to help keep our customers’ properties looking neat and tidy throughout the summer season. Tasks include weeding, deadheading, light raking, light pruning, planting and watering. Sometimes more direct interaction with customers is required. Training for this position (if necessary) is provided by an experienced gardener or manager.
General Details about All Landscape Positions:
– Valid driver’s license is mandatory
-The work period is typically March 1st to the middle of December, but there are often opportunities in the winter to shovel or split wood.
-These are all full-time seasonal positions – 40+ hours each week, Monday through Friday (weather dependent).
– Starting pay is dependent upon experience and knowledge of the industry.
– Our landscape shop is located at 1 Williams Ave. in Pocasset but applications are available at our main office in East Falmouth. The mow position is out of our Woods Hole shop.